Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Ahh late post

I havent been throwing very much recently but i have some new pieces that i got trimmed up and ready to be bisque fired!
I'm not really sure if i like this jar yet but i guess i'll have to be patient and hope that it turns out well after i glaze it. It's made out of recycled clay so i cant woodfire it but hopefully it will still turn out well. I dont know if i like how the lid fits on the pot but if i dont like it then i'll just make more until it turns out how i like it!
I'm very happy with how this bowl turned out. When i was throwing it i left the rim a little thicker than normal so that i could split it, and then i just pinched it eight times inside and out; a total of sixteen pinches. When i threw the bowl i left the base pretty thick so that i could keep the bowl even thickness after i trimmed it. I noticed that when i threw larger bowls there tends to be a small bump on the inside of the bowl just above the base. I think that this bump appears because of how much weight is pulling down on the bowl so thats why i decided to leave alot of clay on the base. I was able to trim it all off and i was able to keep the bowl even thickness so Jack-1, annoying bump/uneventhickness-0

No comments:

Post a Comment