Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Lots of vases

I threw all of these vases last week! There are two planters, thirteen vases, and two bottle forms. I have been practicing with sodium silicate alot recently to see if i can get some cool things accomplished! Heres some close ups :]

These are the two planters i threw. The one on the right cracked a little on the bottom in the bisque firing but it probably wont be that big of a deal once i glaze it because the bottom of a planter never really will be seen.

I threw some flower looking bowls with some porcelain that i had left over from the beginning of the year!
 Here is one of my larger vases with a bottle that i tried doing a grid design and stretching it with sodium silicate.

These are some vases that i threw a few weeks ago but i havent done blogs in a while!


Here is another bottle form that i tried with the sodium silicate. I like the idea of this type of bottle...but i think that i need a smaller foot to match the neck. I want to make more bottles but i am always discouraged because i have trouble with trimming them.
I was inspired to make some more comfy cups after winning my gold key in the scholastic awards :]
I know there are lots of repeats in the pictures but i wanted to show the pieces in comparison with the rest and i also wanted to show just single pictures! Also i thought id share another video :] enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment