Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

First post!

We've only been in school for two weeks and I'm already getting alot of work done! I was not able to go to the art retreat because i had to work :( but oh well. I'm still very excited for this year and I hope to learn alot from this class! 
I just added the lid to this pot today. I havent even trimmed it yet but i wanted to just show what i am working on. Im not sure if i like the shape of the pot but the pot is very light for its size and it has even thickness through out the pot. This year something i want to work on is making my pieces evenly thrown, and not necessarily light, but have a weight that fits the piece. Basically i dont want thick uneven pots anymore. 
I'm not sure if you can tell by this picture, but this pot is very large for what im used to throwing. I actually think it is the largest pot that i have ever thrown. Again this pot is very light for its size and im excited for how its going to look after i glaze it. The body of this pot may not seem to fit how small the lip is but i will probably end up trimming the body a little when i trim the foot next week so that the piece is more porportional.

Anyways this is what i have been up to this week! I have lots of work from the summer but i will probably just include those in a different post. Let me know what you think about these pots!

No comments:

Post a Comment